I was gonna write this long thing and started too then stopped in favor of a shorter bullet points version cause I am tired right now.
- Found this Optimus Prime KRE-O set at Goodwill for $10
- It runs retail for $60 so it was a good deal
- KRE-O is a stupid fucking name
- I only bought it to get the Skywarp mini figure
- The blocks are kinda sucky
- This is a complete travesty and theft of LEGO products and that sucks
- I had to build this thing to make sure it had all its parts cause I plan on selling the set and keeping Skywarp
- There are many places during the build where the pieces are pushing apart on their own which means they are poorly engineered and manufactured
- Whoever designed these kit build is obviously an engineer and thinks of things in the most complicated way of doing them and not in a way that is friendly for kids, bad idea
- KRE-O is such a horrible name
- I am sad cause this set was missing a few pieces which I replaced with LEGO. Now I’m out LEGO parts and this makes me sad :(
- I did get Skywarp so it was worth the sacrifice I think if I can end up selling this set on ebay and getting my money back on it which I hope I can.
- I hate working on a kit that is constantly pushing itself apart cause the parts are shit and that happened almost the entire time I was building this.
In conclusion I’m glad I got Skywarp and I hope I can unload this set cause I have no interest in it whatsoever at this point.
This is Masterpiece Edition Skywarp from the TRANSFORMERS toy line.
When it was originally released it was a Walmart exclusive and ran about $60 and was nearly impossible to find. I’ve until now only seen it in toy shops marked up over $100 or on ebay for the same.
I just found this, in the original packaging at Goodwill for $3.25. I never thought I would own this and have lusted after it for years now. I cannot tell you how fucking stoked I am right now!
Liam Shalloo -:|:- “Skywarp”
When I am working again and have the money I will be getting this or something very similar staring Skywarp tattooed on me. Skywarp was my very first Transformers and still my favorite. Man I haven’t gotten worked on in ages, I really need to get something new on me.